Partime Lawn Puke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rollacosta, May 9, 2004.

1. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

i don't realy know how to say this politely ..but here goes why the heck are there so many partime lawn cutters and landscapers out there..i read on here about ive got a full time job which i do not want to give up but do lawn care partime HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU PEOPLE NEED..I GET SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING SILLY LITTLE OFFICE/FACTORY GEEKS WITH THERE HOBBY MOWERS OUT THERE EACH WEEKEND SCREWING FULLTIMERS OUT OF WORK[and usualy working for cash]..if your not happy or your job doesn,t pay the bills get another job or take up lawn care full time..and its always the partime lawn and landscapers that underbid

9 times out of 10 these partimers wouldn't know a proper mower if it came up and hit them on the head..

if you want a career in any proffesion be brave go for it don't muck about doing it half heartedly

P.S its of my exsperiance that mower dealers /reparers dont like the partimeers either as they usualy listern to the saleman for 2 hours explain that they need a pro machine and still end up with a homeowners toy

2. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

We all start somewhere! Some people just complain to much.

3. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I happen to know many part and full time LCOs. They don't phase me, either way.......... I say, "live and let live.........there's more than enough to go around". Some people love to cut grass, and be out in the sunshine, as a way of relaxing after being stuck in an office all week. Neither type pay my bills. None will/can make or break me, I'm above all that.

4. Rollacosta

oh yeh theres enough to go around ..but at what price..i packed in lawn cutting because i couldnt earn the money i wanted thanks to partimers with there full time back up jobs..

i read on another thread that a guy was prepared to do 3.5 hours grass cutting and various other tasks for $90 anyone can work out the math on that sum hes not chargeing enough period
    but the sad thing is he was under bid , some loony was prepared to do 3.5 hours work for $60

5. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

Hey Rollacosta whats your problem. Are you afraid that us partimers will take food off of your table. I have a full time job that pays my bills but unlike you I like to have a little more. I also am planning for my retirement in 13 years when I can open this thing up full time. I hear alot of people crying in this world that they cant find lawns and landscape work but they are the lazy people. the people that dont hussle and want things dropped in their lap. Come on stop your damn whining and start working. If your afraid that you cant compete with us part timers then quit and go to MCdonalds. I pay my taxes and my insurances and buy my commercial equipment just like you full timers. Stop your Bitc@hing.....There is more than enough to go around, you just have to work for it.

6. metro-hp_48

from TN

Personally, I give the part timers credit. A man has to know himself pretty good, to know when to take that step, and when not to.
    I would give it all up, if the right full time job I liked came along.
    But luckily, I made my bed extra cushy, and just crusing till I retire. Maybe next season, and then full time traveling.......RV'ing.

7. Rollacosta

why do you need 13 years to open this thing up full time with your amount of drive you should be running 10 crews today ..or am i missing something:confused:

8. metro-hp_48

from TN

Why get in a man's business rollacosta? Run your show your way, and let the other man do the same. Stay on the porch, lil' pup.

9. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

We could go on and on all day on this issue. But just get over it, part-timers are there and they always will be. You should know this and focus on your work and not worry why they are there.

10. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

yes you must be missing something.........I have a nice state job that pays me super benefits. Free college for my kids and my health insurance paid for the rest of my life. Plus a pretty good retirement package. Alot of these partimers are in the same profession as me. Police and fire dept officers are a majority of these partimers you are so concerned about. The same people that make your neighborhood safe.