Partners sharing the books?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Darb, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

I know that partnerships sometimes offer problems with accounting procedures like who is doing the books. Today, I saw something that might help solve that problem. Quickbooks on the web. The feature I really like is simultaneous access to multiple users. It also has automatic daily back-ups.

I hope this info helps someone.

2. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Not for me thanks. Anyone working with me is working FOR me. Learned that the hard way!

3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't know if i like the idea. i think, within the framework of accounting principles, there are certain methods each person uses. seems like you would need to constantly be double checking what the other did, or constantly checking out each other's progress.

now my biz partner knows squat about about accounting. so i let him do the things that i can't or don't want to. works well.

our accountant knows to call my cell, not the biz line, when he needs to go over something.

our partnership works, but with respect to the books, one cook in the kitchen.

4. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

I just think it would be nice to look at the books any time I wish. With or without my partner knowing.