Partners yes or no?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ponyboy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

I have offers for guys wanting to buy into my Lco I do not want a partner I have a wife and that is more than enough. Why do prople want partners seems like there can be a lot of problems Thoughts
  2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I am a partner in my business with my Dad, but that is the only way it works with me being only 17, but we work well together, so it's all good.
  3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

No way I could handle a business partner. I'd say in 90% of situations, it's not a good idea for someone to take on a partner.
  4. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

No You will never see eye to eye. One person will always feel they are making up the slack for the other person.
  5. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

It can work fine, I thinks sometimes people try to make more out of it than it is. I had a partner for three years. We would just show up and mow all day and split the profits. Yes it was that simple. We both had a strong work ethic, same age, never missed a day etc. I guess if one is a little lazy, then it would be headed for disaster.
  6. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

Partners are good for one thing. They can help you out when eating a bucket of chicken.
  7. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

I rememver when i use to work for my dad he is old school everything 110% perfect honestly we are happy with 99% but thats a HUGE difference i could never handel a partner i do not understand why people do it
  8. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

why does everybody keep starting 2-3 threads a week about having a business partner ...................thoughts
  9. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

the only partners i have are professional partners

i have a fert/pest guy

i have a tree guy

i have a excavtion company

i refer to them they refer to me

if i use them on a project... i am the boss

if they use me... they are the boss

I work with some fellow solo lcos.... i refer all my non full service mowing to them.... same rules as above apply for projects

10. mowman84

mowman84 LawnSite Member

I would say no partners. If you were thinking of having one I would say have him be an employee for 1 year and then talk about partership.