Parts and supplies stores?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lowmiler, Feb 10, 2004.

1. lowmiler

lowmiler LawnSite Member

Anyone know of some supply stores. For exmark parts and supplies on the net or magazine.

2. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

3. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I use three different suppliers; my dealer (for thost immediate or hard to find parts), j-thomas (for blades, belts, oil filters, and air filters), and then the good old auto parts store (for spark plugs, grease, etc).

5. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

I mostly use my Dealer for all of them.

6. LawnProMowing

LawnProMowing LawnSite Member

I use Boettcher Supply in Kansas, tons of parts with great prices and delivery, where I am anyway is within a day or two. They dont have a website but they will send you a catalog with "dealer" prices which is what I use. The number is
    1-800-569-2700. Did I mention great prices? I get Gator Mulching blades for my 62" Toro for around $8 each, and they're really good quality blades.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have had good luck here, fast delivery and fair prices seem to have a good inventory http://www.mowmore.com/

8. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

Do you not have a good dealer? Do you consider him too high? Just curious. This is one industry where the owners scream and get fighting mad over lowballers and scrubs who drive the prices down, yet dont support their local businesses and dealers because they shop around for a cheap price. Kinda like buying from a lowballing company.

9. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I use Mill & mine Here in Chattanooga' Tn. They have just about everything i need. From engines to front yokes for ZTR mowers.

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

So you pay more for something intentionally? I buy from j-thomas, they carry anything i would ever need for my exmark, and if i have it next day air it costs about the same. If i dont need it in a hurry its about 1/2 price. I just have very little faith in mower shops due to past experience. An apology for a fixit job screwed up doenst cut the grass, a repaired mower does, so i do it myself.