1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

parts for cyclone rake?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbob, Oct 5, 2003.

1. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

I ordered my imfo pack on the cyclone rake about 3 weeks ago on the net. when it did not come in after about a week i phoned in a request for an imfo pack. called them friday and they said that they contract out mailing. and that my pack went out but they do not send first class mail. when i ask if i would have as much trouble getting parts as i do imfo i was told "oh no when handle the parts ourselves". my question is has anyone had problems getting imfo or parts for the cyclone rake.

thank you

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Boy,... that's a good question. I was sent my info pack about a week after they sent it. I would tell them to have one on your doorstep in 4 days, or you (and perhaps several others - like from this site) will be shopping elsewhere. Call them, and tell them that much has been said about there product, and theyhave gotten alot of exposure just recently on here. Also be sure to tell them that this has alot of people wondering about such an important issue (parts availability) as this in our industry. I'm sure they will come right through.
  3. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

i expressed my concerns but the person i spoke with gave me the impression it was normal for it to take that long for the package to be delivered and told me how i could get most of my questions answered on the web or she would be glad to answer any questions i had. when i told her i had a jd 235 mower with a 54" deck and was wanting to know how far out the unit would stick out and if it would be able to fit on my trailer she said her book did not show a gt 235 or a 54" deck but how easy the side chute was to remove. this raised several concerns. i am having uneasy feelings about this product now. i like to have a dealer i can go to if i have problems. i really thought this would suit my needs but now i am not so sure.
  4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered a Cyclon Rake on a Friday am and had it setting (in the boxes) in front of my office noon the next Thursday. I was happy with the folks I delt with on the phone while ordering and the answers I got to the questions I asked. Of course it showed up almost as fast on the old credit card statement. Lets see how well it works and how fast it can pay for itself. I'll post progress reports if anyone is intersted.
  5. klineslawnkaren

klineslawnkaren LawnSite Member

I had no problems getting the info pack or when I ordered the C.R. It actually came faster than they said it would. As far as how much the unit will stick out beyound the normal width of your mower, I'll do some measuring on my machine and let you know. Just quick figuring... the bagger attachment - I think that's what they call it (which I needed because my mower was never set up with a bagger) will probally add 5 or 6 inches and then the round chute which the leaves travel thru on their way to the "shredder" is alone 10 inches. Like the operator said, this all easily disconects. If need be you could leave the bagger attachment and disconect the chute from the bagger att. and the "shredder". The bagger att. disconects from the mower deck via two knob screws. Real easy. I got my machine back in August and used it once in my yard sucking up bambo leaves which are alot more tougher than normal leaves and it did a good job. I am excited to see how well it will shred "normal leaves".
  6. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

got my imfo pack today. call to ask some questions and was on hold for about 15 min and had to go. called back and got someone after about 5 min. i am just uneasy about ordering from factory direct. i understand you are cutting out the middle man but i like to look a man in the eye and do business. i am old school. the person i talked to was very helpful and answered my questions. ( although she had to go out and make some measurement that i thought she would have) she gave me the name and phone # of a person close that has one. i called and am going by tomorrow and look. will update.

thanks for the responses.

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

The co is actually local to me in ct i am pretty sure. Naturally, I got my info pack in a quick time, and was pleased. I would buy i just dont have the cash right now:angry:

Lets see some pics of them setup if you guys wouldnt mind....:blob2:

8. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

will post pics and give updates when i can. i am planning on modifying my trailer where i can fold the bagger down and back it under the leaf holding part of my trailer. this unit sounds like it is just what i need.

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Captain and Klineslawnkaren, had a chance to use your CR's some more? If so, I'm interested to hear about your likes and dislikes.
    Which models and options you chose, etc.