parts for older equipment

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rtreehntr, Aug 4, 2005.

1. rtreehntr

rtreehntr LawnSite Member
    from pa

I have a older model homelite ht-18 hedge trimmer that i would like to buy new blades for. Anyone have any recommendations where i might beable to buy them? I tried partstree.com and they don't have them .

Thanks Rick

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

If you post the UT number I may be able to help. Homelites have a unit number called the UT number and it starts with the letters UT.

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I can find infor on HT-17 and HT-19 but nothing on HT-18. Have you tried calling Homelite? By the way John Deere now owns Homelite or at least they did as of last year.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I spent over a half hour also and came up empty handed, Found two HT-18's listed but no parts break-downs. May just be time to up grade to a newer unit !

5. rtreehntr

from pa

Well thanks to all that replied to my post. The UT # is ut-18004 I know it is time to upgrade to a newer unit but these trimmers are like a old friend to me. The engine runs fine, starts on the second pull, lots of compression left and am able to take it apart and put it back together with my eyes closed. Some guys will know what i mean, and others wont. In this time of newer and better, lighter and faster i think i would rather stay with what has worked for me for many years with little or no problems. I'm a one man crew and take care of my tools of the trade very well. They are what puts the bread and butter on my table for myself and family. I just hate quiting on a machine due to the fact that i can't find a part for something that has givin me years of satisfaction. These trimmers are ready to work, although the blades have gotten alittle tired, they need to rest in my garage until i can find a newer use for them.

6. partstree

partstree Sponsor

we don't offer homelite products on our website, but they are available at our physical location. i did a quick lookup for the parts you needed, however, but i believe they are no longer available, or if they are, they are under a different part number

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Iv got a lot of home lite stuff so ill look and see if i can get you a set of trimmers. My buddy was a sales rep for them

8. rtreehntr

from pa

Partstree.thanks for looking that up for me, shows me you and the company are stand up kinda guys. I talk to a sales rep and she informed me they are no longer available, but once again thank you.

Hole in one LCO, any help would be appreciated. I will pay full price and shipping if you come across any blades for a UT #18004 homelite trimmer blades. For that matter I'll pay for the whole trimmer if i have to.

Thanks all.....Rick

9. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

i didn't pay so nether will you just shipping Ill look tomorrow

10. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know if you still need parts, I have a set of trimmers, the intake manifold broke when I dropped them about 10 years ago, probably have 20 hours max on them.