Parts list for Stihl SG 20 Backpack Sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by blake101, Nov 5, 2012.

1. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Where can I get a parts list for my Stihl SG 20 Backpack Sprayer?

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

go to your local stihl dealer...

3. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Was hoping for a little more than that. Is there anywhere on the net that I can find it?

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl will not publish parts lists because you are supposed to go to the dealer for everything. I will buy Maruyama and Solo sprayers because parts lists and the actual parts themselves are available online.

5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Stihl parts often are so expensive , has been my experience , that it is just a better investment to buy the whole new backpack sprayer. For example I have had two of their backpacks this season fall off the trailer or get banged up and need to replace a handle or trigger....the last time was the hose, handle and wand was something like $89 dollars ....the BP only cost $110 new....so it was not a hard decision to make to just replace the whole thing.

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

The last SG20 I bought was 6 yrs ago. It lasted one season and the pump seals failed. I was disappointed with the cost of parts and the lack of availability so I stripped it down and converted the tank to a saddle tank for my Z spray. An electric pump and a few plumbing parts and I now have an independent sprayer with jet agitation for my ride-on. It sprays 1/4 gal per minute.
    I have been using Echo BP's since and have had zero issues. Even though my MS-50's have been discontinued by Echo, I am still able to view parts lists and purchase parts online.

I understand mfg to dealer loyalty but not offering parts online is poor business for this day in age in my opinion.