Parts on E-bay

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, May 29, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

This year my dealer poed me off so Ive started to look for alternative part sorces. Im supprised how many parts are avaible on E-bay. Heres the deals I missed 8hp Honda carburator dealer 72$ E-bay 38$ gas tank dealer 75$ Ebay 40 $. I paid twice as much for the same parts and waited 6 weeks for the dealer to get them. Ok heres the deals I scored on Ninga blade for 21" Snapper dealer 50$ Ebay 28$ for 2 baldes. Husquvarna spindle dealer 90$ Ebay 38$. @ belts and drive ring for 21Snapper dealer 42$ Ebay 17$. So buying off Ebay has saved me over 100$ and all the stuff comes within 3 days.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Watch how excited you get thou, sooner or later you'll need your dealer again :p
    I speak from experience, get your parts no problem, but it might pay not to assume you can do without dealer support.

Because it's bad if you have to go crawling back to them lol

3. larryinalabama

Well I hear what your saying, and I wouldnt have persued other avenues, but the local dealer has an attitude. So I decided to look elsware for parts and found that for years Ive been paying double of what I could have been paying.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh I do the same thing, started about 2 years ago.
    And for the same reasons lol

Just don't let on at your dealer's, what I learned.
    Let them figure it out, so to speak, but leave it alone.

I also use Harbor Freight Tools for a LOT of things,
    that place has saved my business in ways, with
    the cost of living what it is.

5. larryinalabama

Topsites now that I think of it mabey the dealer is getting his parts off ebay.

6. stevepk

stevepk LawnSite Member

You have to watch Ebay also. I've found things cheaper on other online stores.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

As I told you yesterday I am fed up with my dealer. After he told me to get out of his ******* store I am not sure what to do now. Maybe I should open my own dealer and put him out of business.

8. Ridin' Around

Ridin' Around LawnSite Senior Member

good luck!

9. larryinalabama

Theres big money in small engine repair, Most are charging 75$ per flat rate hour and billing 200$ in real time plus a 60% profit margin on parts

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Care to elaborate?