Parts Organizer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ARGOS, May 28, 2009.

1. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Looking to outfit a van and trailer with spill proof parts organizer. Right now I am using the boxes from the supplier on shelves. Tired of picking up parts and parts getting dirty.

Here is what I am thinking of:

Tilt Out Bin System.

I am open to other ideas other then the plastic bins at walmart. I want something more durable and I like the clear plastic bins.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

In my Royal service body
    royaltruckbody.com

I took the cardboard boxes the fittings came in, beveled them so the short guys could see them, and spaced them in the fold-outs. We had the boxes arranged in 1", 3/4", etc. It helped keep track of inventory as well as speed with the techs, since they always (sorta) knew where the fittings they needed were. No matter how well you think you're organized, you're still gonna be short one fitting or have the tech say, " we're out of" (name your fitting). Gotta check those trucks , they won't.

3. Check out ULINE. I use their cardboard corrugated. Have to buy in multi packs but theit prices are awesome on shipping boxes so they mave have some good prices on other stuff as well.

http://www.uline.com/Grp_7/

4. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Argos, we have bins similar to that in our enclosed trailer - we have to run a bungy cords across them to keep the bins from opening and making a big mess.
    What sorts of parts are you looking to organize? Really small stuff or everything?

5. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Thats good to know I don't want parts spilling everywhere anymore. I want to organize PVC fittings 1/2" to 2". Maybe nozzles.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

From our van

van2b.jpg

van3b.jpg

van4b.jpg

van5b.jpg

van6b.jpg

7. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Does it stay that neat all of the time?

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

dana thats to clean.

9. Let Henry have that van for one day Dana..

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Those were the photos from the guy BEFORE I bought it. Stays fairly clean, but not that clean. No how. No way.