Parts Organizer

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ARGOS, May 28, 2009.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a pretty badass van. My irrigation tech's would piss their pants if they saw that. All that they get is a Toyota Tacoma with a cross bed box and two long boxes that run the length of the bed and they have to make that work.

Here is one of our install trucks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This truck can seat 7, carry full 20' lengths of pipe and we can put the small Ditch Witch 2010 in the back. These photos were shot when the truck was brand new.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like it can carry 4 convicts for transport in the back there :laugh:

4. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

yeah.... there is a lot of heated discussion about who rides back there. Anymore there is another truck that goes out with that one so nobody rides back there much. It seems to be a catch all now. We're not doing as much big install as we were a few years back.

5. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

that truck is awesome dan, most certainly a sign that you mean business

did you get a good deal?

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I bet that ran you 80-100k? eh?

7. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

nah.... The Cab/Chassis was about $26K and the body was $16K. And that was 2 years ago when things were crankin'. You can get the Cab/Chassis for a lot less if you look around now. I never buy complete trucks anymore. We buy the cab/chassis and then have Arrow build us a body. Dealers typically mark a body up by $4k to $5K depending on what it is.

8. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Dana and Dan...both of those are sweet set ups.

I almost bought a crew cab/cab over two years ago. In retrospect we rarely ride more then two guys per vehicle. I still would like the cab over set up. Pretty slick.

Currently I need a set up like Dana's. My van has a false floor, but we put shovels under the floor. The trailer is the issue because it bounces around alot and is towed by a truck that carries equipment. I want to contain parts. The cubbies in Dana's van look like they would work good.

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

I really like Dana's van set up. I'm going to seriously consider doing something like that when we have to replace one of the Tacomas next year.

10. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

My ideal situation would be a Dana set up in a sprinter. No drawers or false floor. Walk through the van.