Parts Swap Honda htr3009 VS Harmony 1011

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by scholzee, Oct 23, 2006.

1. scholzee

scholzee LawnSite Member
    from NY

I have a Honda rider HTR3009 30 " 9 Hp with bad tranny and can get a Honda Harmony 1011 30 " 11hp with a bad motor both are 5 speeds. Can I make one good out of these ?

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

The simple answer would be NO I am pretty sure.

The 1011 models look like they use something similar to a peerless transaxle setup. The HT-R 3009 uses a trans with a real clutch.

Very different from each other. What is wrong with your trans? You may want to look into repairing it.

I actually just fixed up an HT-R 3811 for myself. Sucked up a bunch of leaves with it this past weekend.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm, Why couldn't one swap the engines pugs ?

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Possible. However the 9's are in a smaller block than the 11's. At least in the Horizontal shafts. Also, I dunno how integrated the ones honda used in their own machines are. May have special crankcase covers making it impossible to swap. And as I said I think the 11 is bigger and may require a different muffler than the 9.

I can check into that tommorrow. Do you have serial number ranges or any other numbers on the machines? There are 2 ranges of HT-R 3009 and maybe 6 of them for the H1011 although some of those are Hydrostatics.

Honestly unless some big parts are screwed up I would look into fixing your trans. I think those older machines are much better. The H1011 that I looked up...the trans assembly lists for like 200 bucks. The 3009, I wouldnt want to know what a trans would cost. They dont have an assembly listed or its hiding somewhere.

5. scholzee

scholzee LawnSite Member
    from NY

I will post the serial #'s tommorow. Ocassionally the tranny would not move forward or backward. I took it to a local shop thinking it only needed a clutch / cable adjustment. The shop was incompetant and started disassembling the transmission and could not fix it. They were very unprofessional and tried charging me $300 for their labor and said the could not fix it and would not put it back together. I finally got it back unassembled from them and paid them $100 for their time. I am not sure if they gave me all the parts back and I bought a shop manual to help me put it back together but have not started that yet. I am very mechanically inclined but at the time was busy and thought a day or two at the local shop and I would be all set to go. Locally (1 hour away) there is the 1011 rider with seized motorfor sale for $100 so I thought if the trans axle was a direct swap that would be a quicker way to get my mower going or if my motor would swap in the other. Thanks for the replies !!