Passed state inspection today!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kickin sum grass, Dec 28, 2005.

1. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I thought these guys were like Santa Clause...... Somebody told you they were for real but you never seen em.

Well, I got my inspection today for the chems. Passed with great results. Some of the best record keeping he has seen. Only 2 things that was pointed out.

One was the wording about not removing the posting sign for 24 hrs. I did not realize that it had to be word for word according to the dept of ag. I had a statement on there just not word for word. Said to change it but it was not really a big deal.

Two, I used the term tank sprayer when using my 200 gal tanks rather than high volume or high pressure sprayers. He said a tank sprayer is a back pack as well. How true....

All in all it was very informative. I asked him alot of questions and he asked me alot also. It took about 2 hours. He was very nice and talked me thru each step he was checking and what he was looking for.

I hope everyone else has a good experience when they get the knock on the door.

Unlike Santa... They are for real!!!!
  2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are you located I might be next:eek:. What all did he look at, all I have in stock is fert, pell lime, 1 bag of tre-flan, dry round-up pro and some talprid( which I hope I'm allowed to have). How exactly does he like it worded? How were you application forms, if you want to see mine let me know and you can see what you think. Congrats on passing!!
  3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

Good job!!!!
  4. Gatewayuser

Kickin some grass
    I just saw in the other thread where you work, I work in Mainville, Morrow, Lebanon and Landen.
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

GroundMasters is in the process of handing you all your asses. Good luck, and enjoy!
  6. Field General

Field General LawnSite Member

I had a visit from the inspector yesterday myself. This is the second time for me in three years. I also passed without any problems. But I had to pass two inspections.I run my own business and I do all of the application work for the School District where I am employed.I had to haul files from home to the school for inspection.

I was also warned about the wording on the sign. My signs say to remove after 24 hours. They are supposed to read "must remain for 24 hours".

I was also questioned about using Round-up Weather Max on some fence lines, because it is not labeled for T&O work.

I don't mind the inspections as it gives me time to ask questions and also get to know my inspector a little better. (a little schmoozin never hurts)
  7. Gatewayuser

Actually I know 2 of the main account managers at Ground Masters and I don't consider that company a threat to me at all. We have 2 totally different customer types.
  8. kickin sum grass

Hey Gatewayuser, You can e mail me at if you want me to look at your records. Maybe we could do lunch one day and chat a little and go over things together. It never hurts to network.

As far as groundsmasters, I see no threat. I usually deal with the more personalized properties rather than the larger factories/ HOA's. They can have all that, I like the job security from my regulars.
  9. Gatewayuser

Mike do you know Kathy Randy and Paul W.
  10. kickin sum grass

yes sir i do