Passed Test!! Need Insurance!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TMlawncare, Mar 5, 2004.

1. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Got my test results today. I passed both the core and the turf/ornamentals. Spoke with my insurance agent today to fill out the state issued insurance forms. She earlier told me my general liab. would cover pest. apps. When it came down to fill out the forms she had me to speak to the Cameron Mutauls corp. office and the man said that if I only spray cracks and some edges they would cover it. If were doing the whole yard we need to look elsewhere. Now I find that getting pest. insurance isn't like getting car insurance, nobody wants to touch it.

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

3. TMlawncare

How much doe a pest app policy from hortica cost (approx)?

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Many of the insurance carriers have dropped it from their coverage packages in the last two years. Its getting harder to get and costing a lot more. This is all thanks to 9-11.

5. TMlawncare

I've been finding the same thing.. Once I till them I want pest. ins. they till me they don't offer it but they will look around. I've been getting this all day.

6. SodKing

Insurance costs are tied to the size of your company. 3 years ago I was paying almost $40,000 per year. I switched to Hortica, a company that better knows our business, and I should be paying around $16,000.

7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Hortica won't touch you unless you do big dollars or pest control is a small portion of your business.

8. SodKing

Give Hortica a shout, they know our business. The pest control rider from hortica is $200 I believe, I was paying over $6000 from a company that didn't know our business.

I am more than happy with Hortica.

9. SodKing

I would have to disagree. We do do big dollars but pest control is a huge part of the company.

10. TMlawncare

Sodking and others, so a pesticide policy from hortica should be approx. $200-300 per year??