Passing Flyers Yet? Unprofessional?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by danslawncare, Feb 25, 2006.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

Anyone start passing flyers yet? When do you all think you'll start? Do you think flyer are unprofessional?

2. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm actually getting ready to go pass some out in about a half hour or so. No, I don't think flyers are unprofessional at all. I find that flyers and word-of-mouth are the best ways of getting business.

3. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

We started just a few days ago - as soon as the weather got nice. Actually, we're using doorhangers this year instead of flyers - makes life SO much easier (we did flyers last year). I don't think it's unprofessional at all - especially when you think that companies like Pizza Hut stick flyers on doors all the time, and no one's calling them unprofessional. Plus, they're the best way to ensure you're advertising to the specific areas you want to be in.

4. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

Quite a few marketing books I have read say that it often takes 3 mailings to the same customer before they even respond. (that explains why TV and radio often play the same commercials over and over in a short period of time) So is it to early? Hell no! Get your name out there now and do another round or 2 of fliers (to the same houses) when the weather starts to get better.

5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are going to do postcards to certain neighborhoods this year. The type of customers we are trying to reach (high end residential) I think postcards will work better than flyers. Whatever means of advertising you do the important thing is to get your name out there.

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think that flyers in certain neighborhoods is not as effective. However, we have had pretty good resopnse to your everyday flyers in your middle to upper middle calss subdivisions.

7. danslawncare

anyone near wisconson passing them out yet? or is it sill too early....i'm not sure when to start...its only 34 today. But supposed to be near 50 next weekend. Should i wait until then?

8. Idahopondman

Idahopondman LawnSite Member

I am planning on flyers about the 15th of march. We are supposed to get snow again Monday and tuesday. I am starting cleanups in mid march.

9. danslawncare

I'm panning to start about the same time....mid-march. In previous years i got the most calls about then.

10. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Get out there and get those flyers out there. And then hit them again in about 3 weeks just to let them know you mean business. And no I don't it is unprofessional at all. Just get out there and do it.

Tim:cool2: