1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

passing out door hangers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zim bob the landscaper, Feb 25, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i just ordered 1000 door hangers yesterday, when should i pass them out? im thinking 3rd or 4th week of march (weather pending) whats your opinion.

2. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

Depends on what is on your doorhangers. If it involves any coupon incentives, I would start puttingthem out sooner to be sure I got anybody that was on-the-fence about their existing lawncare guy and considering trying a new guy. Get them B4 they commit to the status quo.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Post a picture of your door hangers.. minus the number

4. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

We started doing our doorhangers in NC last Friday and will continue through the week. Passed out about 400 already and got three calls...still waiting.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

People are already advertising in our area. Was riding thru a plan of new homes, and I saw next to the mailboxes on the ground at the end of each driveway a flyer rolled up with a gumband. I stopped and picked one up, they were from a landscaping company.

6. zim bob the landscaper

ok thanx guys i will post a pic of the doorhanger. i will start as soon as i can but winter is making a comeback.:hammerhead:

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

SO wheres the door hanger?

8. zim bob the landscaper

it just got sent out it will be here in about 1 to 6 days be fore they get to us.

9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea put em out asap. I have put out about 300 this week and more everyday. I actually am doing about 3-500 a day. Gotta get em dun b4 the comp steps in. I have 3,000 now after those are gone I will be putting another 5,000 out.

10. zim bob the landscaper

ya i definatly am going to do that no more snow is coming at least that what im thinking. they should be here somtime this week.