Passing out flyers...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by garrettlawn, Feb 18, 2007.

1. garrettlawn

garrettlawn LawnSite Member

Hey guys we have never really advertised but planning out handing out flyers and putting out doorhangers over the next few weeks. Do you guys actually knock on the doors of just stick them somewhere and move on? Man 2500 flyers/doorhangers is a lot of knocking on doors and talking to people!! I guess when you have to make a living its what it takes.

2. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

no just leave the flyer. if their outside then you talk to them.

3. garrettlawn

ok thanks man I guess we are gonna start with our door hangers tomorow.

4. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

Good luck!

5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

How many door hangers do you get out a day per person.

6. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

650-700 per person 8 hr day

7. garrettlawn

we got out about 300 in 3 hours with two of us. Had to stop because it 1)was super windy and was hard getting the hangers to stay on the door. 2) my partners contacts started to dry out really bad because of the wind. We are going back out tomorow to finish up our first 500. Then we have 2500 more on order that should be coming in in a few days!! Can't wait. doorhangersetc.com is who we got them from.

8. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

You might wanna look into door hanger bags. I thought about the wind and rain factor when passing out fliers so I decided for me, that using door hanger bags would be the best thing. They're also a little harder to get off the door nob than a traditional door hanger so people are more likely to have to look at your flier wether they like it or not. Check out ULINE.COM

9. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you think it would make them mad enough not to bother looking at it?

10. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

Good Point. I hope not :-( Good point though. When I get mine I'll test 'em out first and see but I immagine and hope that the benefits will outweigh the costs (ticked off homeowner)