Past Due Invoice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by miltthemower, Sep 22, 2008.

1. miltthemower

miltthemower LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a letter referring to past due invoices. It is frustrating that I have to keep reminding several clients when the bill is due. If anyone has a formal letter I would appreciate it.

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Try this one it may help

Attached Files:

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

30 days:
    According to our records, we have not received a payment on your account. Please call us so that this matter can be quickly clarified. All accounts are due upon receipt of invoice.

We appreciate your business.

60 days
    Our records show that your payment is over 60 days late. Please call us immediately to clear this up. Service to your property will be discontinued until payment is received.

90 days
    Your Statement is overdue. YOUR SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED DUE TO NON-PAYMENT. Please call us immediately. We do not want to resort to our collections process. However, If we do not receive some payment within 10 days your account may be turned over to our collection agency.

4. miltthemower

I appreciate the documents. Hopefully this will light a fire under my clients to pay on time. Very frustrating when you perform the work and receive payment late. It is as though LCO's do not have bills to pay.

Often I think they do not take this career seriously. We are the ones in 90 degree and higher heat.

In any event thanks for the documents. Apologize for the rant, had to get it off my chest.
  5. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

I feel your pain. I am also dealing with a couple of scrubs myself. Their grass is getting very high, they owe me money, and guess what? I feel sorry for the next guy that has to cut their grass, that is if they can find anyone willing to even do it, cause it's not going to be me. I'm done with em'.

The longer I wait for my money, the longer a customer's grass gets. The longer their grass gets, the more $ they must pay me. If they refuse to pay, the grass continues to grow and becomes someone else's problem. I'm going to get my money that they owe me, one way or the other.

Don't put up with it. Drop em' and then replace em' with a new client that actually gives a damn. :walking:
  6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

you need to rewrite that. Not bashing but your grammer is bad.
  7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

well blame the wife. she proofed it, since she was A+ in English in high school and collage.
  8. miltthemower

Yeah I agree. I will not perform any other services for the client. It is unfortunate. One because they live in California, two there yard is easy to manage amd they seem to be good folks.

But, I guess being a good person also includes paying for your service on time.
  9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

how far behind are they?
  10. mgugliotti

mgugliotti Inactive

Guy's- Hate to bring it up again but.... a service like will prevent a lot of this from occurring over and over again.