patio cover on pool deck

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by EZTarget, May 27, 2004.

1. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

i want to build a patio cover for on an area of my pool deck. basically a lattice type with 4x4 posts and 2x2 or whatever lattice strips for the top - typical lattice type cover. only concern or the thing i am unsure about is anchoring to my pool deck. anybody ever do this? i know they have steel anchor plates that go beneath the post and bolt into the deck but i just want the best solution for it.

inground gunite pool with cooldeck deck

any ideas?

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Don't know what a cooldeck deck is........................

3. EZTarget

well i say it is but it is kinda like a parrot just repeating what he has heard. the deck is a porous type cement and in texas it doesnt stay cool!

u can see on the side of the pool (just fyi -got pool replastered so it aint nasty like this)

untitled.jpg

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

About the only thing you can do is bolt it down to the pool deck.
    There are many types of concrete fasteners out there............
    Have you thought about just brining it out off of the house itself?
    Or is that the plan and your just looking for solutions to the outer posts?

5. EZTarget

yea i plan to bring it off of the house on one side but as you said i am looking for solutions for the outer posts.

thanks
    this is not the area i plan to cover. it is at the shallow end and is about 15x20 or so - not symetrical either

6. luke07

luke07 LawnSite Member
    from arizona

I drive around Phoenix arizona a lot for my job and I came across a pretty interesting patio cover. It is and adjustable patio cover. It has louvers that open and close. This allows sun or shade for patio covers. One of the owners of one of these was outside and I asked him what he thought about it. He says that it is made out of aluminum and he really likes the product. He said it is called Solara Adjustable Patio Cover. He gave me the website www.patiocover.us
    I am thinking of getting one of thse for my BBQ.

I will tell you how it goes if I buy one of these.

Luke

7. EZTarget

that is pretty nice. let me know how it goes. did he mention price?