1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

patio help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnmowerman29, May 19, 2004.

1. lawnmowerman29

lawnmowerman29 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

i have a patio that slopes 3.9%, and it starts at a concrete patio and ends at a concrete drive with a fence. i am almost done and it seems to be too high. It is not matching up with the driveway. It is too steep for a patio, do i need to install two patios with a step? What is the best way to get out a hump, will a plate compactor do it?
  2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

i think some pictures would help more to resove teh situation...Maybe you need a raised patio in certain sections.... did you run strings befor eyou started so you know where you would begin and where you would end?

3. lawnmowerman29

lawnmowerman29 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I thought about the raised patio after i just about got done. Now how much of a pain in the but is it going to be to re-do into a raised patio? Take out the block and sand and add more crushed rock to bring it up to level, about 18". or do i need to use dirt and than rock?