Patio nother landscaper built

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kootoomootoo, Jul 18, 2005.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

.....a local guy who shall remain nameless built this patio....we had to check it out....

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Don't let Mbella see that trip step...

EDIT: On further consideration, is every step a different height???

3. kootoomootoo

4. kootoomootoo

5. kootoomootoo

Yes...every step has a different rise.... :)
    you cant see it that well in the next pic but the patio paver's are waaaaay crooked. Funny thing is the guy is currently offering 20% off all landscaping services...

6. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

That is awesome. Come on Kotoo, admit it, that's one of the first jobs you ever did.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

i think you will have to build a bridge in pic 3 so they can get to the house if it rains. thats if they dont kill them self from pic 1

8. kootoomootoo

C'mon Mike...I cant install this good on a good day. Maybe I can get his number so you can use it on your website.

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

That's bad, but unfortunately, I've seen a lot worse. My neighbor's hardscape is AWFUL. The sad part is they paid a fair price and the guy was recommended by the local EP Henry dealer. One of these days I'll sneak over and take some pics.

One day when the contractor was working on my neighbor's hardscape, I was mowing and I stopped to say hello. He was loading pavers onto his truck. I said," Are they extra pavers?" He said, "No. I mark them here and then I take them home and cut them." I was thinking, wtf? I just said,"Oh." They're out there.

10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Those steps cant be up to code.What's the deal with that garage corner,looks awfull.As well as the DIIIIPPPP in the walkway.