Patio paver job. (bid check)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Darren Lumpkins, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Darren Lumpkins

Darren Lumpkins LawnSite Member

Ok....I have this paver patio job that i`am getting ready to bid on.(Tomorrow) Its a 14` x 24` paver patio. Part of the patio will go in between 2 lager oak trees. Should be far enough away to hit any roots with size or even damage the trees! Nice ground. So my depth should need only about 8" cut. The patio will have few curves. I`ll be using the Holland pavers for this job! I came up with the estimate right around $3,100. Does this seem low or i`am I close? Thanks again
  2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

ahh please don't come to my part of MD with that pricing. I would consider installing deep root protection plates for the hardscape with those trees close by.
  3. Darren Lumpkins

Darren Lumpkins LawnSite Member

Understand the deep root protection plates. But my question was about the price.
  4. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds low to me
  5. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

About $6000 if its easy access. What about lawn repair if you're using a skid loader to move materials?
  6. greenguy08

greenguy08 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

You're way low. There are a lot of small things that come up that extend the time needed to complete a job like this.
  7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Well if you are a one man show and you have a wheelbarrow, shovel, pickup and trailer with a ramp. Then sounds about right. Now in my case it would cost me about 3100 just to do that job. So about double for me would work alright. If access was good.
  8. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Start at about 6k and up from there.
  9. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

10. MRBsx2

MRBsx2 LawnSite Member

You are way low on that price my friend. Your price should be more than double that number. You have at least 2 grand in materials! For the whole install and clean up on that size project my price would be 6,800