Started removing concrete patio today. What a pain in the butt ! Whom ever installed this patio is rolling in their grave laughing at me trying to remove this thing. I started by drilling some holes in the patio to determine the thickness, and for the most part it was about 3-4 inches. Knowing this I brought out the jackhammer and began to strategically break this thing up before lunch on day 1. That didn't happen. After the pad wasn't breaking up I ASSumed it must have rebar or a thicker perimeter holding it strong. So i decided to hop on the machine and dig a hole to see the depth of the perimeter. So i dug, and dug, and dug some more......finally reaching the bottom at 2'. So now I realized the patio has a 2' thick footer poured around the perimeter and this is going to be a lot more work than originally planned. After digging out the perimeter of the patio (15'x10') I decided to jack up the inside area and remove it, then work on the removal of the footer. Well I got to jackhammering again and found that there is wire mesh within the patio which prevented the concrete from breaking up with ease. I am currently making slow progress on this demo and need some major progress tomorrow. What was suppose to be done in half a day is now taking me into day 2 with little going my way. Perfect reason why you don't price per sq. ft. !!!! (assuming its just the "typical patio removal") I'll keep you guys posted on my progress with this one with some pics. BTW this work is being done at my house.