1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Patios and Walkways only?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GreenHor7, Jun 14, 2007.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

Right now i own a lawn care business in Pa, but i have been doing some hardscaping and i enjoy it. Mostly patios and walkways. All of the customers have been pleased so far and some suggested about going into this end of the business. I was wondering if you guys think it is possible to do walkways, driveways, and patios only. Concrete, pavers, and bluestone would be the material used. I would probably maintain a few mowing accounts for cashflow purposes

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes!

Start educating yourself and take classes and get certifications when they are available. My business is ponds and hardscapes/landscaping, but I keep enough mowing accounts for one day a week. This keeps me in the neighborhoods and I get paid for advertising (mowing). I'll always keep a mowing route or crew. Hardscaping can get touchy here and there if your not a bigger company.

3. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

where do you find this info on classes&certifactions ?

4. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

icpi.org ncma.org