paver and wall installs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by captdevo, Aug 12, 2001.

1. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

I'm interested in learning more about installing pavers and retaining walls.

What are some good sites, contacts and literature about their installation?

What are the better products to use?

Does anyone know any wholesalers here in the midwest?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks, Dave

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

a post here called patio base or something like that. It has a TON of good info in it.

There are many good posts in this section on the topic.

This site had some good info too.

http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/paving/home.htm

And you can pick up a bunch of info at your stone yard and you will also be able to find what brands are available locally to you.

Hope this helps!

3. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Hey thanks for the input, i'm going visiting a few places near by for more info, i've gone through every post i can find and copied info too!

Thanks,
    Dave

5. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Dave,

Most of the companies, like unilock put on seminars that will teach you about the products, what they can be used for, how to sell them , and how to design and install them.. I took some offerd by unilock over this past winter and they were excellent .. got alot out of them. Also.... You may have a local college that offers seminars on pavers and walls as well , out here in joisy we have Rutgers/Cook colleges that offer and endless array of green industry classes..
    Maybe even the local stone yards may put on some seminars too.....Hope this helps.. Good luck