Paver Driveway

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

Is it on the to-do list?
    If you couldn't do the 32" footers and curbing did you do anything else to try and insure that it would stay in place?

2. btammo

btammo LawnSite Member

something that would have had to be done prior to laying, unless you extend the driveway more or tear back some of the already laid pavers.

3. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

I think on a project of that scope, a thousand bucks or so on curbing in the turns should be a no brainer. I think you should have done a better job selling them on that, cause eventually it will fail and then it doesn't matter what you have signed. Your name will be mud

4. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pics of a drive like that with the corners done? Anyone?

Any closeups of that one?

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Some of you need to keep in mind that we're (as in us forum participants) communicating by typing at a keyboard. With trying to get this and 2 other projects done by Christmas and with familyy related holiday activities......there is only so much one can type!!

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I am a very thorough individual. One doesn't survive 12.5 years in a competitive hardscape market solely by good looks :cool2:

I spent a fair amount of time with the client going over options for re-inforcing the turn, both in person at the site, and on the phone.

The angle of the photograghy does not show the turn.

The turn is VERY gradual.

So gradual that if it were my home.....I would not do any additional re-inforcement, I would leave it as we have it. If the pavers move.....it would be very easy for us to come back with a mini excavator, excavate a footer, and have a concrete curbing poured and finished.

6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I the pavers were installed correctly, with a proper setting bed, base, edging, and base part the edge, I do not think there will be any issues.

7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

mrusk, lay off. i side with you, but dont get in a pissing match. it doesnt help your cause.

8. TSGVA

TSGVA LawnSite Member

We're putting a concrete grade beam in an upcoming paver driveway project in January. I'll post some progress pictures when I get a chance

The driveway's about 6000 sf but this sloped section is only about 30'....so one grade beam at the bottom between the lower motor court and driveway will help hold the pavers in place. 'I' pattern throughout....no running bond.

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

A grade bean sound like an interesting idea. TSGVA, please post pics when you get to that point.

10. soopa

soopa LawnSite Member
    from NY

wow. how much dirt did you haul away? were you able to bring trucks up the drive as you dug or did you have to carry all your dirt to the road?