Paver edging help

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by 4seasonslandscaping, Apr 4, 2007.

1. 4seasonslandscaping

4seasonslandscaping LawnSite Member

I have a client wanting to use the concrete pavers as edging for all of his flower beds. Never dealt with these much but some of my employees have so don't want to pass up the work. I measured it out to be 270 linear feet. Since they are just being used as edging and no raised beds or anything there is no need to stack more than 2 blocks high...planning on burying the bottom one a couple of inches to keep the bermuda from going under them. How do I go about figuring out how many blocks it will take...oh yeah just the larger blocks from Home Depot is what he is wanting. Also what base is needed if any? And I know every region is different, but an idea of cost would help...or atleast a method of bidding this. Immediate help is appreciated. Thanks so much.
  2. Tim@AcesLCLS

Tim@AcesLCLS LawnSite Member

Do not buy from Home Depot you will probably get a way better price from a local paver distributer. For base you could dig about 12" or so down and put in sand or stone dust but because the rise is so short you should be fine to bury 3/4 or so of the first paver (as a general rule with short walls) and build up from there make sure to buy a good paver adhesive and buy the bridges if the pavers have channels in them they help keep the project perfectly level.