1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

paver finishing touches on existing deck?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by xtreem3d, Mar 22, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

hi guys,
    i don't do pavers often at all but recently did my patio that has an existing deck with 4 4x4 posts already in the patio's area. i have a couple questions (sorry no pics). whatever saw your using (mine was a rigid wet saw) are you able to make "notch" cuts ( for lack of a better term) to go around the post that DON"T leave a cut line beyond the notch? you can picture a round blade has to go further across the paver to reach the desired cut depth leaveing a cut line in the paver. the next question is... how do some of you finish the patio with posts already there? here's what i did ...my first idea was to take a paver and split it with my block splitter and do a 1 or2 high "pillar" around each post base to dress them up. the problem was the rear most posts were too close to a wall so that i would only be able to the front posts and the back wouldn't match. in the end what i did was take some left over treated wood the deck was built out of and make my own "shoe/crown" molding at the base of each post which turned out nice . soooo just curious how some off you finish them off?
    thanks,
    steve