Paver Install Time Question

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by MDLawn, Sep 15, 2010.

1. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, this question is pretty vague but was just curious and it is NOT about pricing. Lets take a 300 sq ft patio project. Easy access and no real material movement problems. What is your average time frame for an installation like this using all the right tools/machines? Again this is your perfect install conditions, if you ever have them! I don't offer paver installations but would like to attempt a patio at my own home. I've done courses/seminars but not too much actual hands on. Want to see how much longer it takes me (oh and I am sure it will be much longer) than the average hardscaper to complete. Maybe for those of you who have been doing this for a long time, look back to when you started and even now. I'm sure I'll be getting asked by a certain someone "Well how long is this project going to take you!!!" :dizzy: so I want to give somewhat of an answer.

Some specifics might be:

8-10" Ecavation
    Geotexile
    6" deep (crusher run) base
    1" sand
    multiple shape paver (Unilock Brussells Block)

Any help/ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Rectangle or curved ? Soldier course ?

3. MDLawn

Sorry. Straight along the house and sides then curved on the length of the patio. The one end may have 8 ft of patio width and the other 12. So a gradual curve to connect the two, make sense?. Yes soldier course.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I have a job efficiency sheet which is derived from years of patio construction that tells me averages.

But wehn a client asks me how long to do - I just look at my trusty computer screen and my super dooper looper job costing program tells me exactly how many days :)

5. MDLawn

OK........... This is not for a client but for a project at my own home. I was just looking for a time frame for installing this type of project to give me an idea of how long. That way I can see what a professional hardscapers time frame is compared to my time, which will be much longer. Just looking for an idea of this.

6. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

For my one thousandth post the answer is..................

54 man hours. 3 guys 2 days 9 hour days.

7. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

wow now I am a bronze member. sweeet.

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats to climbing to my caliber! :weightlifter:

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

If conditions perfect and material delivered to site, excluding the clean up. Max. 2 days with three men. Brussels has to be the easiest brick to lay, especially the "Y" pattern.

10. MDLawn

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. So I am looking at a full week by myself...............great.......ha!