paver installation books

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jrodgers, Mar 24, 2002.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of any good paver or hardscape books, and where to get them?

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Are you asking about design books or installation books?

3. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Both ,either in one book or two seperate ones that are more detailed.

4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

5. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

For some beuatiful pics to generate out of the box ideas, try 'On Individualized Landscaping.' James Chadwick is the author.

And I also really like the Unilock brochure - their full brochure. Lots of interesting pics to give ideas.

But if you want to learn solid isntall techniques and don't mind reading, read here. Many books out there were made by folks who are writers, not hardscapers, and written for people in the warm states, where base prep isn't quite as crucial (for residential apps).

This place will give you more quality info than anything you'll find in hard or soft cover, if I do say so myself.

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Jrodgers....

Dude.. Get in touch with unilock or what ever company you use or are available by you .. Here we use Unilock.. They have excellent support... They put on semianrs and classes to teach you the right ways to install pavers and walls.. Hands on and in theory... Definatly look into unilock if you can get them locally... There website is invaluable as well.... Good luck

7. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

It's not for paver installations... but "The Art & Craft of Stone Scaping" by David Reed has some really cool stone pictures!

No help here on the paver question... but the unilock information is very good, so are their programs.

8. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

Thanks!!!

9. diginahole

diginahole LawnSite Member

Another vote for the folks at Unilock and the design guide...there are some great pictures in there, some of them are mine. Unilock also has a thick installation and specification manual available for the asking. ICPI is another great source for installation information. Stonehenge has the best answer though, here is where you willb get the best advice, from the folks that live and breathe hardscapes and love to talk about it.

10. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Digin -

I've got pictures in there, too. Unfortunately, they're held there with scotch tape! :D

Which ones are yours?