1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Paver lights

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by clcare2, Nov 5, 2007.

1. clcare2

clcare2 LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I am doing a large hardscape in a residential courtyard setting the customer detests regular paver block lights.

Are there any other options??

I was thinking that it would be cool to find a light that would sit in the block that I am already using. Something with a core drill maybe?
  2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

There are a wide variety of inground (core drill) type of lights that might work for you from a wide variety of manufacturers. Look at Nightscaping, Vision3, Hunza, BK, and others. It is just a matter of looking through all the catalogs and picking the right fixture for your application.

Have a great day.
  3. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Are you talking about lights in your SRW block walls? If not...sorry go with James suggestions. If you are then check these out to see if any will work for you:
    Vista - 4260 rail light
    Integral hardscape lighting
    Hadco - LLL 6,12,18,24"
    Unique - Viking or Gemini

Good Luck!
  4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

if its going in the ground look up what James mentioned... If its going in the wall some suggestions are

Deck lights... dont discredit a hockey puck

Up and down scones... who says you need to install them in the walk way. Coppermoon makes a nice small one. I think its the CM400

Aurora Meridian would fit nice into a core drilled wall as well.

If they want something similar to a paver light but not rectangular evening stars are the only ones I know but good luck with your hardscape when you got 747's landing in the courtyard.

Hide the light source... see the light

Also dont forget about downlighting if there is an arbor... mature trees... eaves on the house ect to work with
  5. Lawn Designers

Lawn Designers LawnSite Member
    from NY

Integral lighting makes a nice piece for the walls. For the lights on the ground evening star if you want to use the same brick/block and have it drilled to fit.
  6. clcare2

clcare2 LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I like the look of the evening star lights. Does anyone know the start up cost.

I don't have a 2 1/2" core bit and would have to get one.
  7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Call and ask for anthony he is a regular poster on here but pls do not discuss contractor pricing in public its bad for business. Keep in mind the evening stars are 4w and do not really throw light but will serve to define the pathway. Some find them obnoxious some like em. Comes down to what you and your client want.

Anthony has all the tooling and such you will need I belive and can either sell to you or point you to a distributor who can
  8. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not big on paver lights but I had a client that insisted on them. I installed Evening star lights and they came out quite nice and glare is not an issue. I did buy the core bit and all of the accessories for the installation and the prices were not bad at all. I added all of the costs into the project though.

The client had a photographer shoot the project last week. When the photos come in I'll share them.
  9. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Clcare2,

We can gladly help you with your inquiry. I will send you some information out ASAP.

Everyone else, thanks for your support. It really takes seeing them installed along with conventional lighting, and/or the completed landscaping. We'll probably sponsor a forum on here for 2008 as we add new fixtures to our product line.
  10. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

I think paver lights are like finger nails on a chalk board. IMHO they have no place in a landscape.