1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Paver Lights

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by bigviclbi, Mar 11, 2005.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Did a search on this not too much info. Who uses them? Who likes/hates them? How hard is install?

2. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 LawnSite Member

I did 1 project that had lights that showed under steps. I had an electrician run the conduit and the wiring then I did the stonework around it and then he came back and affixed the lights. Pain in the ass. Better to have accent lights outside of hardscape area that shione into onto the area.

Good luck.,

3. bigviclbi

from nj

Were the lights low-voltage? He wants paver lights and block wall lights. I know the lights don't light anything up so I think I will try to get wall mounted lights that shine down instead and do the paver lights.

4. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

Low voltage lights are easy to install,paver or block. They are not my favorite look, but you can make good payup with them.

5. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 LawnSite Member

No the lights weren't low voltage. Because of the "need for as much light as possible" I did not use low voltage. I made a lot of profit on that project, but it also looked much better, due to usable light versus accent light.

In general I would say to use the low voltage.

6. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnboy,
    Do us a favor and post some pics. AM and PM shots. Pm especially so that we can see the effect of the lighting.
    mark

7. bigviclbi

from nj

I was under the understanding that the paver lights were ALL low voltage. If you can give me brand names that would be great. I am goona try to use wall mounted lights instead of the wall blocks, what did you use? Any info greatly appreciated.

8. GetSomeGOJO

GetSomeGOJO LawnSite Member

Not all paver lights/block lights are low voltage. By the way, I just did a lighting/block job that came out looking swell... Man does it make me happy when it all comes together:)

9. bigviclbi

from nj

10. Georgia Bull Dog

Georgia Bull Dog LawnSite Member
    from NJ

For installation in pavers , try LED lights . They last 11 years without changing the bulbs and use 1 watt. They are waterproof. Check Frog Lights, LLC they got em.