1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Paver Manufacturer ICPI product certification

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Paverman, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Paverman

Paverman LawnSite Member

Looks like most of the major concrete paver manufacturers talked about on this site are not selling pavers certified by the ICPI. I do not see EP Henry, Anchor/Belguard, Unilock or Nicolock. If they all really meet ASTM specs why would they not be certified by the one body that governs their industry?

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Good One!

Too Funny!

I remember being at a supplier seminar in Walkersville, MD about 5, maybe 6 years ago. At that time the supplier was selling Cambridge products (which was a short marriage). The Cambridge folks were there and talked about the how the owner of Cambridge was one of the folks that launched ICPI :)

3. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Because ICPI does not "govern" anything, they just come up with guidelines. They have no way of making anybody follow them.
  4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Just so happens to be that ICPI'S current Chairman is the owner of Nicolock. LOL

For what it's worth, I'm not a big follower of ICPI. They've lost respect from me back when they laxed their requirements for contractor certification renewal, makin it obvious that they're all about la dinero.......

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010