Paver Patio Estimate

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Unitedlawnscapes, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Unitedlawnscapes

Unitedlawnscapes LawnSite Member
    from USA

Wrapping up a Paver Patio Estimate. please keep in mind this is my first paver patio installed with my new company, I have worked for another hardscape company for the past 6 years so installation experience is not an issue. The patio to be installed is 10'x20'. With all materials and labor I came I acme out with a price of $3,780.00. Just want to make sure this price was reasonable for My company and the homeowner. I have talked to other hardscape companies that some buddies own and they preferred to go by a derived square foot price instead of calculating labor hours. Any input and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Square patio? Access? Material? Est labor?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

$19 per square as long as it is fairly easy access sounds good too me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Unitedlawnscapes

Unitedlawnscapes LawnSite Member
    from USA

Yes, it is a rectangle and easy access. That was my price for job completion.

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

One of the first things I would like to comment on is that your profile doesn't say where you are from. Not that one can't lie, I realize that. I'm a veteran contractor. Do I want to sit here and type for 40 minutes only to help my competition that is 4 miles down the road??

When asking for help - please be willing to share who you are, where you're from etc.

Never unit price a job as Dependable posted. never.

You can click on my user name which will take you into my profile.

And from there you can do a search. I have written extensively on how to price work, why, why not, and yadda yadda yadda. Do a search via my user name and you'll find everything and anything you need to know. And it's accurate information derived from experience and wisdom, not theory.

best of luck!

6. Barnabas

Barnabas LawnSite Member

I price by the sq ft not the job. $19 a sq is pretty reasonable so looks like your in the right ballpark

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Poor information you're spouting out Barnabas.

$19 / sf is very reasonable if the job is like 2,000 square feet.

$19 / sf is pathetic if the job 100 square feet and behind a middle unit town home.

8. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

$1900 for a 100 SF. Seems fair. Should take a half day. $38000 for a driveway is a bit high.

9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Guys over here will do it for $9. If you sign it for 19 have fun

10. Barnabas

Barnabas LawnSite Member

not in my area. middle unit townhouses are right in that range. wider open easier access jobs / higher Sqft are in the 15-17 range.

Market drives the prices