Paver Patio Photos

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

When you take photos of your paver patios, do you think it's best to take the photos just after installation or wait until after the homeowner installs all of their furniture, etc. on it?

2. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

man i thought u had some photos to show

3. csl

csl LawnSite Member

i agree.... tease!
    (dated a girl like that in college...thats another story though....)

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

i take some right away for my portfolio, then once I get 6 or 8 of them behind me, i will go back with some place mats, cups and plates and make it look like it is ready for a party. I have not done this for the first time yet b/c i was waiting to get a good digital SLR camera, but now that i have one, i plan to visit all of my customers from last year and update my portfolio and website.

5. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

I always take the pics upon job completion, although those aren't always the best. The best after pics come a couple of months later, when the area has been decorated and used by the home owner (ex. Tables, chairs, grill, potted plants, etc.)

I attended a great marketing seminar this year and was told that the person viewing the picture should be able to put themselves in the space they are looking at. They should be looking at a chair at a table they could sit in, a lounge chair on a patio they could sun bathe in or grill where they could cook. The area should be completely functional with them in it.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with all that. The only problem is some people decorate their patio with stuff that is a little tacky. Or there are kids play toys all over it or something. I love it when I come back and they have really nice outdoor furniture and nice potted plants on the patio. But that's only sometimes. Other times I am feeling like, "Thank God I took a photo before they ruined it..."

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I lost the opportunity countless times to go back and take pictures, so always take pictures when you are done. Its a bonus to go back afterwards and snap a few when the flowers are growing.

8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

You gotta love when you come back and there is 10 plastic chairs in 2 or 3 colors and a few plastic side tables.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I try to take pictures right when we finish. On one project where we did some real nice boulderscaping the homeowner did some really ugly landscaping and I didn't take pictures and now I don't want anyone knowing we were there. Could you stage some pictures right away? Would the client mind?

10. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is a really neat job you can stage the area yourself for your photos. Easier said than done though.