Paver Pedro vs. La Chupacabra

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Armsden&Son, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I want to tell you of a tale my friends...

It starts south of the border near my family's ancestral land. This area is known for it's rich culture, it's beauty, and also tales and legends that have been handed down from generation to generation. I'm sure many of you have heard of "La Chupacabra" yes? But how many of you have heard the legend of ...... PAVER PEDRO!!!????!!!!

Nobody knows if the legend and the stories are true...... However, over the years, many an intricate patio, walkway, and even 500 ft.retaining walls have just appeared seemingly overnight throughout the countryside. The locals describe these engineering masterpieces as rivaling the likes of the Great Pyramids and the Aztec Temples.

There is no explanation for this other than the cryptic words of a local Yaqui (man of knowledge) who was speaking in a feverish state on his deathbed. Luckily, a local reporter was present for his final minutes on this earth. His words were recorded as such.... " The man, the man.......... He comes with hammer and chisel....... He tells me his name..... Paco.... NO! .... Pedro... Yes, that's it... Pedro, Paver Pedro is his name. He says he is from a strange place... A village that only the elders would know of, a place he calls Taco Block..... He says that he is cursed in this life, in this shell. He cannot move on but only lay..... Lay pavers I tell you!.... "

So, just like La Chupacabra, Paver Pedro romes el campo at night. Looking, searching, for those imperfect pitches. Those barren areas.... And some of the locals even say that on some nights... in the early hours... they can hear the sounds of a diamond blade spinning and cutting...... spinning and cutting.....

Do YOU believe?

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

lol taco block is right, cambridge for life

3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Does Pete still read these forums?

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

LOL - too funny!

And people say I have way too much time on my hands!!! :)

Love the Taco-Bloc! Awesome wit!

Can't wait to e-mail my material order to my supplier and write "3 pallets of Taco-bloc Athena, sandalwood"

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  5. DVS Hardscaper

He doesn't need to, he has clipfert reporting to him!

Seriously, It depends on which day you ask him. In 2012 he said "NO, I'm busy reading gun, Harley and Jeep magazines. In 2013 he said "I don't care what people on the internet say". But at Techo's 2013 showcase - he would not even look in my direction :) LOL

Anyone know what happened to 'Big Joe'?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  6. Armsden&Son

Who's Pete?

7. latux87

latux87 LawnSite Member

Yo Quiero Taco Block....

8. Armsden&Son

Who's Big Joe DVS?

Please tell me, I have a sneaking suspicion that we will all be laughing....

9. DVS Hardscaper

Big Joe is a good man with class. He was a sales rep for Taco-bloc. But I think he's not anymore.

10. Captain Armortec

Captain Armortec LawnSite Member

Last I checked Joe was working for Taco EEEEERRRR TECHO Depot in York PA

DVS---- Pete is Greek and will NOT appreciate in any way your implication or even joking that he is Hispanic

Just sayin'