Paver Pete (techo-bloc)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Nj shade, Aug 5, 2013.

1. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

When a family of 5 walks into a car dealer they do not show them the 2 seater sports cars. When the 23 year old college grad walks in they do not show her the mini van. Why? It is about knowing your client.

Sure Techo has a lot of products, but not every one is right for the job. One must remember that in general people are dumb. In part we have today's daily life to blame for that. What ever you need there is some product that will basically do it for you. The process of general thought and problem solving has been reduced to which app to choose.

What all this means? Like mentioned KISS, but do not remove Techo from the table. Give your clients 2 choices and if they want something else than they have to do that on their own time. The trick is to feel them out before you make the 2 offers. If they are using the word budget a lot than you are not going to be recommending Traverina, and if they are looking to impress visitors you are not going to recommend Parisien.

I'd rather walk a client through product selection than be asked to give a competitive quote for under installation of a garbage product with bad tolerances and loads of efflorescence.
  2. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

Well said, Shovelracer!!!
  3. DaveOhio

DaveOhio LawnSite Member

is Steve.

my rep shared that
  4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Your rep is full of it. Too funny!

I've known Pete (which Peter is his real name) since he first worked at Belgard and was married to his 1st wife. This was long before he was a paver guru...
  5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

How many wives has pete/steve had? This is important
  6. DVS Hardscaper

Too many

7. CLScaper

CLScaper LawnSite Member

Completely agree less is more for a home owner choosing material, colors.... Cambridge seems worse. I deal with Unilock products unless a customer has chosen techo, or ideal.

Paver Pete has seemed like the real deal to us.
  8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Cambridge is my exclusive. Pruce every job as 6x9 roundtable. Go look at ledge and add a $1/sf. Xls? $2.
  9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Is this him in the vid? He might really be good BUT i wouldn't level a base like that and am horrified by the block "bouncing up and down at the 38-43 second mark at which point he says perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. DVS Hardscaper

Yes, that is Paver Pete.

And that's not how we set block. Yes we do use a lase to make sure the block is to grade. But we also use a torpedo level to make sure the block is......LEVEL!

Pete loves the Hardscape industry. Yes he does.

But some of what he dispenses in his videos and his Techo Show cases is not of quality information.