1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Paver pics.............no b*tching

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Aug 6, 2006.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I hate that pattern!! But that is not your fault. That curve looks weird. You should of made it flow better.

To get better cuts with the curves, overlay and than cut in place with the demo saw.

Over all not bad for a 22 year old. I'm 20 and just finishing up 2500sq of bluestone.

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Must be a ''Northern thing" I have a nephew that is welding on some new bridges in the DC area and he has the same complaints on sweet tea. Maybe the Mason- Dixon line has shifted a little farther South LOL

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

yeah, we spoke before, i'm from danville.........no prob gett'n sweat tea there

the curve is done just like the customer wanted it so whatever floats his boat

the pattern is the same pattern he had used when he built his front walk so he wanted it to match up, makes sense
  4. tthomass

from N. VA

put up some pics of the blue stone mrusk
  5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

One of the best threads ever. Great pics.
    The slivers....I would run the pavers perpendicular to the house.

6. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

WTF is that? That sounds like some kind of State Prison Cocktail.
  7. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

TThomass, thanks for posting the pics. On this site, you might not always get the responses you are looking for, but you get honest responses. Unlike, the sugar coated responses I've seen on most other sites.

Anyway, like Mrusk, I would suggest you utilize the overlay and cut in place method of cutting the perimeter pavers. Also, it looks like the grade on the outside of the walkway is high compared to the finished elevation of the walkway. Is that just an optical illusion or what?

As far as the Green Team, he is a joke and I would just laugh at what he says. I truly believe he is here for entertainment purposes and I view his posts as just that, entertainment. I do not view his posts as educational, or even potentially educational.
  8. dtelawncare

dtelawncare LawnSite Member

The only work like that I have done ws my own front side walk. It turned out nice except for one small dip. Everyone who has seen it loves it. With that being said, I think the job looks great. How did you tighten the pavers together. Sand, mortar, ??
  9. tthomass

from N. VA

kootoomootoo..........good looking out, i'll prob change that.......now i feel dumb for doing that (i'll blame the heat haha)

come south mbella.......first you sweat then you drink sweet tea haha............typo

mbella, talking about the grade between the house and the walk? if so yes it is but only at the skinny area where the perennials are due to the house foundation being high for some reason + some utilities

overlay i normally do, it had been a year since i had laid pavers and just did it diff..........all together i took this job as a refresher
  10. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Every now-n-then some resturant will try that crap of not having sweet tea.

They always suggest to use the sugar on the table to make DIY sweet tea:hammerhead:
    It's already cold; the sugar will sit on the bottom in a slurry:dizzy:

Then some places will try to pass off that fountain tea as a substitute for real brewed today right here tea. It's enough to make ya do the ol' choke and spray routine:laugh: