Paver pricing for this year 2009

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PRO-DESIGN, Mar 12, 2009.

1. PRO-DESIGN

PRO-DESIGN LawnSite Member

Was curious do to economy what was going rate this year for paver instalation. Some guys say they were lowering there rate per sq ft.

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

we are starting to do them for just the cost of the materials to keep ourselves competitive. sometimes even throwing in the pavers free to get the job. our prices range from 2.30 to 6.45 a square foot.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

$9 per square foot.

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

did I mention this was my maximum price...:laugh:

5. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Yikes, I've been as high as $20 a sqft so far this year and selling like hot cakes. Did I mention bidding by the sqft will come back to haunt you:nono:

6. billwlod

billwlod LawnSite Member
    from KELOWNA

Dont be stupid!! Every job is so different you cant give a sq ft price now smarten up Landscapers. Break it down figure out the Time it will take you your expenses material equipment labor overhead travel quantity....... Your setting your self up for loosing money or losing jobs.

7. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering, PatriotLandscape, how are you doing pavers for 2.30 to 6.45 per sqft you figure in coast of material cost of PAVERS and labor etc you at that price, what are you making, how are you making even 1 cent.

8. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I understand we are in tough times, but we all need to keep the prices we have used for years, If we start dropping price, forget it this industry is done, we all need to stand behind our prices, don't stoop to the low ballers level, and besides the guys that are under beating you, don't worry the home owner will be calling for a re do

9. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to mow lawns this year for free just so I can have some work. Come on guys, I can see coming down a little to be competitive and get some business ,but working for nothing is nuts. No one will stay in business using this method.

10. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

patriot was being sarcastic.
    stupid question...... its been asked at least once every2 wks since I've been on here.
    How hard is it to use the search tool or just browse back thru the old posts?
    As for what do I charge?....... I'm starting to pay the customer to go with us!