Paver repair/install......pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Aug 15, 2006.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Used to be a gaurd house but the county made them take it out for some reason and I ran pavers through where a gate was installed.

DSC01782.JPG

2. tthomass

from N. VA

another pic

DSC01783.JPG

3. tthomass

from N. VA

and another

DSC01784.JPG

4. tthomass

from N. VA

ya can't compact mud..........gotta dig, ended up go'n 3'

DSC01785.JPG

5. tthomass

from N. VA

well crap..........i don't have a finished pic, lot of good this thread is...........well i have to go pick up the check so hopefully i remember to take my camera............sorry fellas

pic #4 can be used as education for some..........not a total loss

6. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you compact with - A jumping jack ?

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

TThomas- You gotta get the overdig line in the contract!! I did a walkway 2 months ago where they had to hammer bedrock to get the basement in. Alot of big chunks of rock ended up right infront of the front door stoop. I ended up digging a 13 long by 8 wide whole 6.5 feet deep and compacting almost a full tri axle of quarry proccess in it!!! Luckily i knew the people and they willingly coughed up an extra k to have the job done right!

I compacted 6.5 feet of QP with my plate compactor in 2.5in lifts. Almost went out and bought a jumping jack on that job!!!

Matt

8. tthomass

from N. VA

10" hand tamper for the hole..........it was a narrow muddy spot that i cleaned out...........i wasn't able to compact base or anything @ the power lines due to the great electric work you can see there and they're aware

9. tthomass

from N. VA

i'll prob be back out there sometime this week, have to remember to snap a finished pic for ya'll