1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Paver repair jobs.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lombardi, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Do many of you do repair jobs for paver patios or walkways? I am in the middle of one now that has turned out to be a royal PITA. I am charging the customer by the hour and it will end up being over my estimated time by a few hours.
    I hate to turn down jobs because they can lead to others, but I understand why a lot of guys turn repair jobs down.

2. Eddyyy302

Eddyyy302 LawnSite Member

Hey,
    I do repair jobs all the time, it is a good way to make afternoon or weekend money when not working at a complete design. Many guys from my area have no clue how to prepare the base and I have seen things that you would never believe ie. 2x4's to hold a patio in place. If you are good it is a quick and easy way to make a good deal, I usually don't work by the hour, but am pretty proficient in estimating the jobs, If I can help you out let me know.

Dan
    Eddy Landscape Design