Paver saver

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by sven1277, Sep 17, 2010.

1. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just quoted a price for a Pavetech paver saver 90, the rubber roller wheels that you clamp to your compactor to protect the pavers as you vibrate in the poly sand. I know the company is expensive, but $2700 is beyond ridiculous. I don't think some rubber rollers and some metal fab is worth that. I have found that to be the case every time I look into purchasing their products. I thought it might be a good solution for compacting a 1700sf irregular bluestone patio we are doing this fall. I can't build that much extra into the job. Maybe I will buy a pool float and make my own paver mat instead.
  2. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Pavetech is very expensive on most of their products, on the other hand they do have some neat tools, I would just pick up some old belt from your local quarry,, i herd of a guy using that, no way would I pay for a pad
  3. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

I use a car floor mat, $20 and hook it up with bungees. The plate is bouncing not sliding so no problems re. marking.
  4. Hardscaping

Hardscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That does seem a little steep. you can get a new wacker packer for less than that.

just buy a cover from another manufacturer.
  5. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

their prices are ridiculous. Its too bad, because I would consider more purchases from them. I coughed up $1600 for their splitter a few years because I liked it the best and couldn't find anything used.
  6. Green Side Up!

Green Side Up! LawnSite Member

try bolting an old mudflap to the plate on your compactor, It works perfect and I have been using it for over ten years that way.
  7. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i like their splitter also. i "bought" a used one in great shape off ebay, but the scumbag never responded to my emails so i could pay for it or come get it, file a report with ebay, but according to the rules, nothing they can do....

but i also like that splitter, local block company has one in stock for $1100.00
  8. Rentall

Rentall LawnSite Member

I just bought a paver splitter from Packer Brothers, it seems good quality.:usflag:
  9. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have their paver saver poly mat. It works great but $170 for a piece of plastic? I also have the Quick Draw and that is definately not worth the money, it does not work very well.
  10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

In the Tom G's photo thread there are pics of them using old carpet layed out and compacting on top....that seems pretty safe for your application