Paver slabs vs pavers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mickpeg, Jul 24, 2003.

1. mickpeg

mickpeg LawnSite Member

I have just been informed by my customer that she likes the look of the slabs over the individual pavers. Being the accomodating contractor, I will do as she wishes; however, I have not used slabs (16" x 16" x 1 3/4") before and have a couple of questions.
    I plan to do the prep work the same as if I was using pavers but I don't know if I should use a compactor to set the slabs. Also, what is the best way to cut them as I have a couple of curves to create?
  2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Answer to Q1. NO! not unless you like that broken flagstone look. Bed in sand and tap in LIGHTLY with a deadblow rubber hammer.
    Q2. Cut with a concrete saw or skilsaw with a concrete blade. Concrete in these is usually soft and cuts easy.
  3. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

i agree with SCL. we have used them before and they were difficult to install without breaking. they were from Pavestone. EP henry has a similar style paver that is slightly thicker and much more durable we found.

good luck with the job.