1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Paver Tree Ring...More to come....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tjsquickcuts, Aug 4, 2007.

1. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

This is a quick little tree ring we did this morning with some blocks left over from a job last year. Finally decided to start selling all the extra pallets I had left over from last year. Will start on the border of the landscape beds on Monday, not sure which block we will use.....I am sure I will have to make a few adjustments to the tree ring, but all and all, 30 mins with 4 extra hands and a B.S. Level did the job. I have been riding around with 45 of those garden blocks in my truck for about two weeks, and was finally able to sell them. $12.50 per block btw.....

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

You did a very good job installing them and they look as well as can be expected.

I hate those small blocks.They look so cheap especially with no cap block.
    Every time I see them I think of a homeowner install.

But each too his own.
  3. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

What do you like better your Dodge or the Ford????
  4. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Thanks man...went to a Pavestone workshop, and got some really good deals on all their blocks if I bought by the pallet.....Yeah, they do suck, but they are really easy money and not hard to install. I am waiting on approval for my permit for a nice size retaining wall to hold up a pool. Those 80 allan blocks are going to be a whole different ball game just with the weight. But I bought 35 pallets of all different colors, and still have 8 pallets left of Red and Tan. Not bad for a 11 month period. But they service their purpose, and as long as I keep getting asked about them, I will continue to market them. The Dodge, the ford is just a basic truck. The Dodge is pretty much Loaded....Texas Ranch Addition.....I will get pics of it on Monday when I met up with My guy Kevin who drives it home with the trailer to keep them safe over the weekend. My HOA has a problem with my having to many trucks and trailers parked in the Drive way....
  5. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Man I hate that Lava stone they are using in their beds and tree ring
  6. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like you have a few incehes of material burying some of the tree trunk. Isn't that going to be a problem?
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto, tree ring looks good but only for new plantings so the tree can be planted at the proper height. Eventually that tree will die.
  8. tjsquickcuts

from Atlanta

Nawh, I think it will be okay....I made sure to remove all soil removed....I did use just a little of the soil removed near the front of the ring, but as you can sorta see from the pic, thats all the soil that was dug up. I left the natural crown and filled majority of the edges of the ring with all the rock that was originally around the bottom of the tree. Hard to explain, but I think it should be okay.....thanks guys, I have more pics of the patio we installed as well coming....hopefully I can get the downloaded today....Its not the best, but okay for a beginner in hardscaping.....

9. AWJ Services

from Ga

Just finishing up a job with about 9 pallets of wall blocks.
    Belgard Celtik wall with some steps.

Thats awesome.
    The bottom Line is too make money.

Looking forward too your patio pics.

Remember everyone improves there Hardscape installitions as they learn and gain experience.
  10. AWJ Services

from Ga

Here is a not so good picture of one of my first hardscape jobs.
    It has steps going up too a patio and another retaining wall.
    Done it basically in the woods behind there house with minimal disturbance.