Paver work Pricing

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by FTGUprprtyMaint, Mar 31, 2008.

1. FTGUprprtyMaint

FTGUprprtyMaint LawnSite Member

$20 per SQ foot for patios and walkwaysincluding materials? or PLUS materials?

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Absolutely, now go get em!

3. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

am I missing something??

4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

Why would anyone ever want to quote the job when unit pricing leaves you with a surprise at the end to see if you actually made money on that job or not?

5. FTGUprprtyMaint

should that price include materials tho or is that going to cheap??

6. Noreast Landscape

Noreast Landscape LawnSite Member

I have been at 17-18 a square foot for last 2 years and i am convinced i wasn't making nearly the profit i shoud have been, that was with the materials, so i am now pricing time and materials. but the price according to my dealers is at 13 a square installed, go figure, ITS GETTIN ROUGH OUT HERE> Stay with T and M!!!!

7. Majesticman

Majesticman LawnSite Member

Never quote Sq. Foot. What kind of brick, access, pattern, width, feet of cuts, spikes, pave edge, ect.

How long it will take at your rate (mine is $65 to $80) and materials plus 25%.

Let everyone else low ball the dogs then pick the cream off the top when they get busy.

8. FTGUprprtyMaint

so far this is my first patio estimate its going to be a 12 x 8 patio i told her i would charge $20 per SQ ft which turns out to be $1920.00 And no cutting I'm going with 16 by 16 paver's. which are 4.28 per block 104SQ FT = 54 paver's $231.10 and then 3 40 lb bags of sand 3.28 each $9.84 The total in expenses for the patio is $240.91 so $1679.09 is the profit on the job. IS this reasonable or am i missing something??

9. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

OK heres the thing with T & M. On small jobs your goin to be priced higher and on larger jobs your goin to be priced lower. Ive had some 200-500 sq ft jobs where I was at like $12 - $14 once I figured my T&M and Ive had some paver jobs in the 1000's where I was in the high $6-$7 after I figured out my T & M. ALL in all you always know what you profit margins are when pricing T&M.

10. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

HERES A LESSON ON PRICING T&M FOR PROPERLY INSTALLING A PAVER PATIO!!! PLEASE ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS AND DO THE MATH! ADD THEM UP! THEN FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO MAKE!THIS IS AN EXAMPLE!!!!

Mobilization Cost(TIME TO GET TOOLS TOGETHER, EQUIPMENT RENTAL, FUEL, JUST GETTING TO THE JOB SITE)? $100

Excavation Time and labor? 200
    Disposal Cost? 100

Base prep Time and labor? 200
    Base Materials? 100

Screed sand time and labor? 200
    screed materials? 100

Paver Material? 100
    Time to lay pavers? 200

Time to cut paver? 200
    Disposal of waste material? 100

Paver restraint and poly sand cost ? 100
    Time to install? 200