Pavers and pool cover anchors

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Henry, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Can pool cover anchors be installed in pavers? It doesn't seem possible to me but I don't install covers and I've never seen it done.

2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree with you on that one for the the anchor might not sit "strong" enough in a paver . They should be in concrete so that an added weight such as water on top of the cover etc does not pull the anchor as well as the paver out.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i'm in the middle of doing a pool install right now, and decided to use a traditional cover with water bags instead. if i was going to use a stretch and anchor cover i was going to put 2x2x6" concrete pads under the pavers with the anchor locks for the cover, then just pull out the paver over the anchor hole in the winter. Thats just how i was going to do it, not really sure how well it would work since i've never dealt witha stretch cover before.

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked to a pool installer today. He said that putting the anchors into pavers is no problem. When the guys who are doing the cover come out to install it, they should be the ones to core drill the holes and place the anchors. That way they should be in the correct places.

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Henry,

Here is link that discusses this topic.

"Installation of anchors in surfaces other than concrete
    Brick, Stone, Lawn, Paves: "