Pavers for $1.00 sqf

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tlojohnson, Apr 3, 2010.

1. tlojohnson

tlojohnson LawnSite Member

I don't know much about pavers but I found some for $1.00 per sqf. They look perfectly normal to me and they're the type I'm looking for. Do I need to be concerned or look out for anything?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

Describe to us please what you mean by "perfectly normal"

3. tlojohnson

They look th same as when I've gone to the different showrooms around town.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

What is the name of the company that makes them?

5. tlojohnson

It's a warehouse and they buy them from a place called pyramid pavers out of englewood Florida. The guy told me he's buys them from pyramid for 89 cents sqf
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Tell "the guy at the warehouse" that you will need a written copy of the manufacturer's specifications before you buy the pavers. If he cant, or wont, or the manufacturer wont provide them, or the specs do not read that they meet astm-936 with a lifetime warranty, then as the old saying goes, you what what you pay for.

7. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

I can get you the number of a company in Sarasota that can steer you in the right direction or do the work.....

8. tlojohnson

I doubt they'll be able to get me the pavers for this price but I'll definatley give them a try. Thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

a year and a half ago i had a client buy 6,500 SF of Belgard Cambridge Cobble pavers for a buck a square foot. They were fine.

10. traderfjp

traderfjp LawnSite Member

My supplier has then for 1sq ft but they are smaller odd lots. I pais 2.05 for CST pavers but I had to take a large order.