Pavers up to pressure treated steps

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Jimbo046, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Jimbo046

Jimbo046 LawnSite Member

I'm curious what some of you do when you need to lay pavers up to a set of pressure treated steps? You can't generate proper compaction, can't nail in spikes for edging and the edging wouldn't hold anyway....it seems everyone gets the builders deck with the house than wants to add pavers passed it. I was thinking of pouring a below grade slab then over laying it?

2. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

why not remove the steps, install your base and pavers properly and then reattach the steps when you are done? that seems like it might work.

3. Jimbo046

Jimbo046 LawnSite Member

You're right, that would be best.........you just never know how these builders construct these steps until you get into the job it seems. One guy may concrete posts 3' deep 1 guy has posts 3" deep. It was interesting this job is only 300 sq ft with a 16' doublesided seating wall (straight) customer is taking care of final seeding, I sold it for 5,600.00 and the guy told me I was the cheapest? How much do you need to install that patio? The only thing about the job is the base will have to be about 9" of stone because of grade changes.....We will use 3 days to do the project and the second day should only be til noon. what do you guys think? I could try to hammer it out in 2 days but I don't think it would be worth it.