1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pavers vs Time

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by 1BadHawk, Aug 28, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

What pave jobs have you done and how long did it take to do it and what sort of resources were required?

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

A few, a long time, and a lot of equipment and manpower.

3. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

hundreds of jobs, many man hours, tons of diamond blades, and several hundred pairs of blue rubber gloves.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Hardscapes accounts for over 85% of our income.

Most of our jobs average 600 - 3000 SF.

Most jobs take no less than 3 days. Even a small walk may take 2.5 days. (with backfill, grading, etc)

Some Jobs Take 20-30 days.

There is no one magic answer!

5. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

We finished a job last week, which cost us .40 cents a square foot labor to install for a 4500 sf sand and paver install on a driveway. We also just finished a job that cost us $1.50 a square foot labor and it was only 450 sf. Twice as many cuts on the small patio compared to the driveway.

Peace,

Rex

PaversInstalled.Com

6. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

What sort of profit margin is thier in pavers? and walls?

Ive had a number of my lawn customers ask me if we do them or not. Im wondering if theirs a decent market for it around here and what the overhead vs profit is for these jobs.

Of course I'd like to take a few courses and such first. Perhaps try one in my own yard to get the idea before I commit to anything.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

+depends on the market and the competition...

here we get $10.00-$18.00/sqft.

depends on the jobsite conditions, etc.....

our actual cost in laying pavers ranges from $5.00-$9.00/sqft.
    again depending on the jobsite.

8. dmbmikee

dmbmikee LawnSite Member

Amen Bro. I couldnt have said it better myself.

You can start on real small walkways though. Like a 10-15 footer, maybe 3'3" wide.....Even if it's curved a little, you'll be alright. Just read up on the installation process. There's info all over the net on how to install a wwalkway....etc. You can't have an Ace without a perfect base!

Oh and another thing, when you look at the job and the time it would take to complete that job, pops in yur head - multiply that time by 3 and you should be in the ballpark.