Pavers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rixtag, Jun 25, 2003.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

For those of you that do pavers...How do you figure the number of brick needed to cover the square footage? Is it 3.5 per square foot or ??? It is for my own yard and I have 141.75 square feet to pave. I wanted to do a running bond pattern but I don't know how it is determined? No gaps, just brick to brick.

Thanks

2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Depends on the size (dimensions) of the pavers. A help book should be available at the place of purchase. What kind of pavers are they and what are the dimensions?

3. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Most paver manufactures sell only full pallets, which are also known as bundles. As a result, most distributors do the same thing. If you have a 10X20 area and are using Holland stone, which comes in 120 sf bundles then you have to get 240 sf.

If your doing a running bond pattern then you will only cuts at the beginning and end of the the pavers. Unless your doing a left to right running bond as opposed to a front to back.

Peace,

Rex

4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

The 3 suppliers who I would use around here will sell by the "band" which is basically 1 row of a bundle, for most of the pavers they carry. Only some of the fancier, least ordered, special colors, or uncommon ones do they make us buy by the pallet. In the example Rex gives we can buy 1 pallet plus the right number of bands if need be. So definitely check with your supplier to be sure about the particular paver you are using. If you are using a Holland stone, they are 4" x 8" so there would be 4.5 pieces per sq. ft. There are many other styles & sizes of pavers so you need to check dimensions for the particular one you chose.

5. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

Paver is 8.5 x 4. 34 sq inches. Area is 141.75 sq ft.
    I figured about 600 brick? Does that sound good?
    Please check my math :D

thanks for the info!

6. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

figure 10% more if you have cutting