pawn shop score

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy dan, May 4, 2006.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

picked up a shindawia 272x for 75$ and it works perfect! this sucker is a powerhouse! a little heavy and has a manual feed head but i will load it with square .105 line and look out!:weightlifter: i really like the extra long shaft as you dont have to bend over to reach some stuff to trim. i almost didnt buy it cause of the weight but then i thought of what this thing cost new and couldnt pass it up

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

hopefully it wasn't stolen!!....if not, then good buy!!

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Could you please post your zipcode and the serial number from that unit? Thanks.

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Lmao.:waving:

5. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

I highly doubt that wasn't stolen.

6. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Lawnboy Dan didn't steal it. He bought it fair and square, right Dan?:drinkup:
    Good Score, man!

7. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

how used was it really faded tank real yellow shaft scratched all up cranks within 2-3 pulls? if not any of these good deal.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If it was stolen by someone else, he is still in posesion of stolen property, which is illegal

9. Eurosport

Eurosport LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Attitudes like this are why theft is so high. People think that just because the didn't steal the equipment its okay. He might have bought it fair and square but 9 times out of 10 it was stolen property sold to the pawn shop and buyers like him keep the thieves in "business"

10. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

all the thief has to do is put it on ebay anyone look at lawn equipment on there lately you would be amazed i buy alot on there and really good prices too.